|As you are aware, Cornwall Council is currently undertaking a public consultation as part of a Community Governance Review for the whole of Cornwall to ensure community governance arrangements at parish level reflect the identity and interest of your local communities and work as conveniently and effectively as possible. The public consultation runs until 24 March 2020.
This message is to inform you that detailed further information is now available to make it as easy as possible for all interested parties to respond to the consultation. We are seeking your support to promote Cornwall Council’s consultation and encourage residents to take part in it to express their views on the draft recommendations
A dedicated web page with consultation information has been published on the Community Governance Review section of the Cornwall Council website . The information available includes:
Consultation Information Events
- A summary consultation document with details about the Cornwall Community Governance Review and the public consultation on these draft recommendations.
- Consultation documents for each of the 19 Community Network Areas. These documents detail the recommended changes as well as other potential changes under consideration within the relevant Community Network Area. They also include an overview of the draft recommendations for each parish within the area.
- For each of the Community Network Areas, further supporting information is available, namely the submissions received during Stage 1 of the review for that area as well as the feedback and comments on these submissions received during Stage 2 of the review.
- Consultation feedback forms for each Community Network Area.
We are holding a series of Consultation Information Events to provide an opportunity to find out more about the Community Governance Review and the public consultation and to discuss and ask questions about draft recommendations with officers and Councillors.
Timings for each event*:
6.00-7.00pm: Public drop in session
7.00-9.30pm: Public meeting
*Correct at time of publication. Please check latest info on the Council’s website.
- Tuesday 11 February: LAUNCESTON - Main Hall, Launceston Town Hall, Western Road, Launceston, PL15 7AR
- Thursday 13 February: LISKEARD - Public Hall, 3-5 West Street, Liskeard, PL14 6BW
- Tuesday 18 February: TRURO - Council Chamber, Lys Kernow (New County Hall), Truro, TR1 3AY
- Thursday 20 February: PENZANCE - St John’s Hall, Alverton Street, Penzance, TR18 2QW
- Wednesday 26 February: ST AUSTELL - Council Chamber, St Austell Information Service, 39 Penwinnick Road, PL25 5DR
- Thursday 27 February: WADEBRIDGE - Main Hall, Wadebridge Town Hall, The Platt, Wadebridge, PL27 7AQ
- Tuesday 3 March: NEWQUAY - The Atlantic Centre, Trenance Leisure Park, Newquay, TR7 2LZ
- Wednesday 4 March: POOL - Chi an Bobel Hall, Heartlands, Pool, Redruth, TR15 3QY
Responding to the consultation
For information about the draft recommendations for your parish, please see the consultation document and supporting information relevant to your Community Network Area.
To provide your feedback on these draft recommendations, please use the online Community Governance Review Consultation Feedback Form relevant to your Community Network Area.
The consultation documents and feedback form are also available as hard copy at Library and Information Services or on request by calling 0300 123 1115.
Promoting the consultation
We are seeking your support to promote Cornwall Council’s consultation and encourage residents to take part in it to express their views on the draft recommendations:
- We have made posters available for this purpose, which will be circulated to you via your Community Link Officer
- We can make copies of all relevant consultation information available to you on request, for example for display at your office.
- We would like your support in ensuring information about the proposals and consultation reaches those who may be directly affected by them. We can make bespoke information relevant to your parish available for this purpose and would appreciate your help with distribution of this information where appropriate. Your Community Link Officer or a member of the CGR project team may be in touch to discuss.